THE baked eggplant rolls with mozzarella are a tasty and light second course. Try the recipe with tomato and mozzarella!
Finally the eggplant season! I was looking forward to this moment as I love them madly. They are so versatile that you can really prepare everything such as: le Eggplant A Mushroom, boat aubergines, Puff pastry pie with eggplant, eggplant parmigiana and much more! And just this morning, as soon as I spotted them at the market, I couldn’t resist stocking up and filling the fridge with lots of aubergines, ideal to consume these days as we like best.
It didn’t take me much to organize myself in the kitchen with the ingredients I had available. And here they are ready in a few minutes mine eggplant rolls with mozzarella. For this recipe, in fact, I stuffed the rolls with tomato sauce and lots of mozzarella which, once cooked, spins like a treat! 😉
THE eggplant rolls they are prepared in a few minutes and are perfect to serve both as an appetizer and a tasty second course. I warn you that the whole family really likes them and to proceed with double the doses because they end immediately! 😀
- You can grill the eggplant and tomato sauce in advance.
- Once ready, they can be kept in the fridge until the next day. Before serving them, I recommend that you put them in the microwave for a few minutes to allow the mozzarella to melt.
- They can also be served cold if you like.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- If you don’t have aubergines, try them with courgettes. They will be delicious anyway!
For the extra touch of taste try frying the eggplant instead of baking them and follow the rest of the recipe. They will be divine! 😉
Try my recipes and tag me on Instagram adding my tag #incucinaconanna #annaontheclouds
You will be shared again in the stories!