People loved tea a long time ago, but they did not always know how to mix tea leaves with fruit, berries or herbs. This noble drink with bergamot has a delicate taste and light aroma. Gourmets also prefer this blend because of the beneficial properties of the drink. El Gray was originally called black tea with bergamot, but then manufacturers began to produce their green equivalent and even blends. In this article I will talk about the benefits and dangers of such a drink, how it grows and describe the process of collecting the leaves.
Useful properties and possible damage of bergamot to the body
There is a probable story behind the origin of the drink. J. Staunton, who visited China in the 18th century, learned the secret of making bitter orange tea. Back in England, he shared the recipe with J. Banks, who ran the tea house. Instead of bitter orange, bergamot added essential oils to the drink. This is how one of the most popular types of tea performed.
A mixture of lemon and orange is native to Italy. Many people mistakenly assume that bergamot is an herb. A small citrus fruit that contains essential oils is used in cosmetology and tea production. It is not used alone in cooking. The essential oil is extracted from the fruit’s flowers, leaves and skin. It has a light green color and a light citrus aroma.
Bergamot is a natural antibiotic:
- Helps against viral and infectious diseases.
- It acts as an antipyretic and strengthens the protective functions.
- It makes the skin elastic and eliminates breakouts.
- Fights insomnia, stress and depression, relieves nervousness and calms.
- Useful during breastfeeding, as it causes milk flow.
- It has a beneficial effect on increasing strength in men.
- Eliminates cholesterol and helps digestion.
- Improves memory and visual acuity.
Bergamottte has a good effect on the blood vessels, which makes them more elastic and strong.
The drink is good for men’s and women’s health, but not everyone can afford to enjoy its taste and aroma. The presence of caffeine is a contraindication to taking tea for hypertensive patients and pregnant women. Women with gynecological problems should also refrain from bergamot. It provokes the menstrual flow. Excessive consumption of the drink can cause nausea caused by thymol.
Collection rules for Bergamot
The fruit is harvested during the ripening period. It has a green, uneven skin that turns a little yellow. The princess was first found near the city of Bergamo, hence its name. Fruit picking is done manually and automatically. The product is sent immediately for processing.
Skins, flowers and young leaves are used for the production of essential oil. They are cold pressed by hand. Only essential oils go into tea, not fruit slices or peel. Hispanics use bergamot juice in sauces.
In foggy Albion, a cup of tea with bergamot for evening tea is an old tradition. This is usually a classic drink. Black tea with a light citrus aroma. But its green counterpart turned out to contain a large amount of caffeine. Classic El Gray contains a blend of Ceylon and Indian tea with bergamot essential oil.
The British will appreciate a glass of tea with the usual bergamot aroma. It is easy to prepare with a high-quality brew.
- A glass or porcelain teapot must be rinsed with boiling water.
- A teaspoon of tea leaf is poured into it.
- The brewing water should be 85-90 degrees.
- The tea is poured and allowed to stand for 5 minutes.
The aromatic hot drink gets a deep velvety color.
It can be drunk in the morning and in the evening because it has a tonic effect.
With pieces of fruit
Fruit tea has a pleasant aroma and its own taste, depending on which additives are used. You can prepare an interesting combination yourself.
- Pieces of apple, pear, peach are poured into the kettle. You can enter raspberries, cherries, lingonberries.
- The mixture is poured with boiling water and covered with a lid. The top of the pot is covered with a towel.
- After 5 minutes, bergamot is added to the fruit and closed for a few more minutes.
When the tea leaf is full and rich in color, you can pour the drink into cups. Fruit tea can be drunk hot and cold, with the addition of honey and lemon. The drink is suitable for afternoon and evening drinks.
According to Eastern tradition, it is common to add spices to hot drinks. Bergamot tea is combined with black pepper and cinnamon. It warms up and smells good.
- In a ceramic teapot or glass jug pour two spoons of tea leaves, spices are placed. A few grains of pepper or a cinnamon stick are enough.
- The mixture is filled with water not higher than ninety degrees. It must be boiled and cooled slightly.
- In a closed teapot, the infusion lasts for 5 minutes, after which it can be poured into cups.
You can add cream, honey or sugar to the drink. A warming drink helps to get rid of colds, relieve stress and fatigue.
Tea is recommended to be served in the evening after a hard day.
Lemon, mandarin, orange add an exotic picnic to the drink. Peel or dried pieces are added to tea with bergamot.
- First, release the shell into the kettle and pour with boiling water. If the mixture contains pieces, they must be steamed for a few minutes and then add the tea leaf.
- The brew is infused for 5 minutes.
- If foam appears on the surface, the process was performed correctly.
A drink with bergamot and citrus fruits that refreshes well. It can be served hot or chilled. The high content of vitamin C means that the drink can be used for colds, analogues are lingonberry, sea buckthorn and pomegranate.
Favorite black tea with bergamot is combined with medicinal herbs. It can be brewed with chamomile or mint leaves, depending on the purpose of the tea. The taste development time for the components is the same, so five minutes is enough.
- Some mint leaves make the drink refreshing and light. It can be drunk chilled with a spoonful of sugar or honey. Tea with bergamot and mint relieves fatigue, gives strength, refreshes the mouth and leaves a pleasant aftertaste. The drink is suitable for daily use.
- Chamomile has a calming effect. In combination with bergamot, it creates a wonderful tandem. Tones and soothes, helps deal with insomnia and relieves depression.
Chamomile drink is good to drink at night to relax and enjoy a wonderful evening.
Refreshing and refreshing bergamot
Despite the fact that green tea has a slight calming effect, in combination with bergamot, it stimulates and tones. This is facilitated by the high caffeine content.
- A transparent teapot contains 2 spoons of tea leaves.
- Water is boiled, cooled to 90 degrees and poured into a mixture.
- After 2 minutes, pour the drink into cups.
- You can use tea leaves 2-3 times.
In China, the tea ceremony can last for hours. It is the green drink that refreshes and gives strength, rejuvenates and tones.
Bergamottte has a delicious and spicy taste.
Since the 18th century, the British have considered it a classic. Bergamot sounds different in combination with berries and fruits, herbs and citrus fruits. With it you can make tea for all tastes.