The boat aubergines stuffed with cherry tomatoes, olives and mozzarella are a second tasty and light. Try the recipe without meat!
For those (like me) who suffer from seasickness, they will be able to understand the unpleasant feeling of not being on land. To be honest, I didn’t know I was suffering until, one day, my partner had the brilliant idea of giving me a one-day “mini cruise” in the Gulf of Sorrento. Beautiful, you may be thinking… and it would have been if I hadn’t seen death in the face!
I have been so sick that since that day I have banned the possibility of being able to climb any unstable surface floating in the water. I have not set foot on a boat anymore and I don’t think I intend to do so in the near future. So, in the meantime, I enjoy other types of boats that I would love to take to the skies: the boat aubergines! 🙂
The boat aubergines I’m a second dish very tasty, typical of the Neapolitan cuisine. My grandmother used to make them stuffed with meat and with stale breadcrumbs and were they a lust of the “what do I tell you to do” type? 🙂
To lighten them up because everyone in the family is on a diet (summer, you know!), I stuffed them with same crumb of eggplant, cherry tomatoes, olives and mozzarella. The result was nothing short of surprising! This version of the boat aubergines it is light, tasty and smells of summer. What are you waiting for to try it? 🙂
- They can also be stuffed with rice and just cook it for 5 minutes and then add it al dente to the aubergines.
- You can omit the olives if you don’t like them or add some capers.
- Replace the mozzarella with your favorite cheese!
- They can be kept in the fridge for 2 days closed in an airtight container.
- You can prepare them a few hours in advance and reheat them just before serving or serve them cold at room temperature.
And for an extra touch: add some breadcrumbs before baking for the extra crunchy version! 😉
You will be shared again in the stories!