Hawthorn is known for its medicinal properties. As early as the end of the 18th century, its effectiveness was revealed. On the basis of this, various tinctures, cosmetics and beverages are prepared. Such tea has the greatest benefit in the heart and on the walls of blood vessels. Do not forget the probable damage to the fruit. Then we will consider all aspects in more detail.
The benefits and harms of fruit drinks
It is necessary to brew properly, tea has the following benefits for the body:
- Strengthen the cardiovascular system. It normalizes the function of the heart and strengthens the vessel walls. Experts also recommend eating fresh berries no more than one glass a day.
- Normalization of blood pressure.
- Calming effect on the nervous system, normalization of sleep.
- Eliminates swelling.
- Help fight obesity.
- It can relieve pain in joints and muscles.
- Strengthens the immune system due to the high content of vitamin C.
In addition to its beneficial properties, tea has certain limitations to its use.
It is not recommended to take tea for those who suffer from allergic manifestations. Hawthorn contains chlorogenic and caffeic acids. They can dramatically increase blood pressure and interfere with heart function.
You should not use it:
- with sensitivity to some of the constituents that make up tea;
- with a weak heartbeat
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- under reduced pressure.
Rules for picking berries and storing them
The berries begin to ripen in autumn in late September. The fully ripe fruit has the highest content of nutrients.
If the berries are overripe, they may become moldy. The berries that grow on shrubs near highways contain many harmful substances.
The berries are harvested in dry and calm weather in the afternoon when the dew has already dried up.
The fruit is stored in the following forms:
- Dried: The fruits are dried thoroughly. Then they are transferred to canvas bags or glass containers. Storage: protected from moisture and sun.
- Frozen: the berries are washed and placed in a freezer container. The container is then placed in the freezer.
There are many recipes for making hawthorn tea. The tea turns out to be good and healthy.
With hawthorn and fruit
To enhance the positive effect on the heart, during the preparation of tea, you need to brew dried fruit.
- berries – 1 handful;
- dried fruits – a small amount;
- boiling water – 1.5 liters;
- Rinse the ingredients.
- Fold into a thermos.
- Pour into boiling water.
- Close tightly and let it brew overnight.
Consume during the day, 2 hours after meals. Instead of dried fruits, you can add an apple. Before use, wash it and cut it into slices. You can add lemon.
If you drink hawthorn tea 5 times a week, you can discover for yourself after 2 months how your memory and intelligence have improved.
- dry hawthorn fruits – 1 tbsp. l .;
- boiling water – 1 tbsp.
- The berries are washed and placed in a container.
- Pour boiling water over and close the lid.
- Insist for 15 minutes.
- Filter out.
It is consumed during the day by adding 50 ml of the resulting drink to green tea.
With hawthorn and spices
Oriental spices cinnamon and star anise together with lemon give hawthorn tea a unique taste. This type of tea is called the “Secrets of the East”.
- hawthorn – 100 g;
- star anise – 1 dried asterisk;
- lemon – 2 slices;
- cinnamon – a pinch;
- sugar to taste.
This drink helps with sleep problems, nervous tension and high blood pressure.
- Rinse the berries well and clean them from debris, remove cuttings.
- Pour the star anise star with warm boiled water to wash away the dirt.
- Pour 0.5 liters of water into a container and place on the stove.
- As soon as the water boils, add the berries to it.
- Lower the heat and let it boil. Turn off the heat as soon as the water boils and close the container with a lid.
- Insist berries for a quarter.
- After 15 minutes, set the container on fire and bring to the boil. Then turn off the heat and add star anise.
- Close the container with a lid and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and sugar.
- Add lemon in spilled cups.
Drink tea all day.
With hawthorn and citrus
In prepared tea with hawthorn you can make lemon or orange peel to taste. Tea with the addition of citrus fruits will help you relax, eliminate nervousness and lower blood pressure.
To prepare the peel, you must rinse the fruit thoroughly, pour over it with boiling water
Then remove a thin layer without a white shell with a knife and dry within 4 days. Then the dried shell is crushed.
Hawthorn and berry
Hawthorn tea can be prepared with a variety of berries.
Ingredients (all ingredients are applied dried):
- hawthorn fruit – 1 tsp;
- black currant – 1 tsp;
- rosehips – 1 tsp;
- strawberries – 1 tsp;
- hawthorn flowers – 1 tsp;
- black currant leaves – 1 tsp;
- strawberry leaves – 1 tsp;
- boiling water – 1.5-2 liters.
This tea helps with dizziness, high blood pressure, insomnia, heart disease.
- All ingredients are ground with a blender.
- The mixture is brewed with boiling water.
- Insist on the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Drink 150-200 ml 3 times a day.
Hawthorn herbal tea
Hawthorn is actively used with other herbs.
- hawthorn flowers – 50 g;
- ponytail – 20 g;
- bird highlands – 30 g.
This composition is good for heart disease.
- Mix herbs.
- Add a glass of boiling water.
- Insist for half an hour.
- Drink during the day.
Vitamin tea with hawthorn and rosehips
The beneficial properties of hawthorn enhance the fruit of the rosehip.
- rosehips and hawthorn fruits are taken in the ratio 1: 2;
- boiling water – 1 liter.
- Put the berries in a thermos.
- Pour boiling water with one liter.
- Insist at night.
- Strain and drink after meals all day.
This tea increases immunity and can withstand colds.
In addition to hawthorn, it is recommended to prepare tea from viburnum, chaga, sage and thyme.
Hawthorn has a beneficial effect on many body systems. It provides the greatest benefits to the heart and blood vessels. Different types of tea can be prepared from the fruit, which are good and healthy.