The medicinal properties of lemon balm, an exquisite plant with an amazing lemon scent, were known to mankind over 2000 years ago. It has several names – bee, swarm, mead, lemongrass, mint, lemon mint. The invaluable benefits of lemon coins in folk and scientific medicine are described by Pliny the Elder (24-79 BC) in the history of Naturalis. No damage from the weeds has been identified. The recommendations of the ancient researcher on the use of lemon balm tea for rheumatism, inflammation, female diseases are supplemented with many modern recipes.
The benefits and harms of lemon balm tea for the body, as well as contraindications
Tea has positive effects (antispasmodic, analgesic, diuretic, antiemetic, antimicrobial). It gently relieves stress, insomnia, has a slight hypnotic effect. The drink is full of migraines, dizziness, female diseases. The plant contains essential oil, organic acids, vitamins, trace elements (selenium, zinc, chromium, manganese, copper, molybdenum, selenium).
Due to its healing properties, tea is not inferior to medicine. But it is contraindicated in low blood pressure. Drivers in order not to diminish the focus of attention Eating large amounts can lead to heartburn and drowsiness. Tea can only cause harm if consumed uncontrolled.
Herb picking rules
The eager housewives make preparations of lemon mint for tea drink on winter evenings and for disease prevention. Melissa will enrich the taste of tea, compensate for the lack of vitamins and minerals. To preserve the beneficial properties of mint during harvest, you must follow the generally accepted rules:
- The plant should reach biological maturity, which falls in June.
- The collection contains stems, mint leaves.
- The leaves are harvested before flowering, before lunch, in dry, clear weather.
- After the grass has been collected, it is washed, laid out on the surface or, tied in small clusters, hung up.
- You must dry the collection in a ventilated room or outdoors, in a shady place.
- If electric dryers are used, the temperature in them should not exceed +35about.
- After drying, the herb is placed in dry glass containers with hermetically sealed lids.
Gathering in a brewed beverage restores its pleasant aroma and retains its beneficial properties and good taste.
Melissa tea recipe
The bee can be combined with spices and all types of tea. Melissa does not interrupt their taste, so that the drinks can be opened, complementing their properties with an unsurpassed aroma.
Traditional version with lemon balm
An ancient legend says that Melissa was a gentle nymph of extraordinary beauty, loved by the gods of ancient Greece. For this she fell into displeasure with the Greek goddesses, who made her a bee. Melissa is full in the form of tea or broth. You can add it to black tea. Tea can be drunk up to 3 times a day. The traditional brewing method is very simple. This requires the following ingredients:
- 30 grams of dried lemon balm;
- 1 liter of boiling water.
Boiling water is poured into the collection, insisted for 30 minutes. They drink aromatic tea 3 times a day. It has a mild tonic effect on the whole body. People with low blood pressure should not be led by it.
Tea with lemon balm and other spices
Medovka with mint are fantastic antidepressants that give a person balance and calm. The spices added to them can relieve colds, so they usually drink this tea during the fall and spring seasons. To make tea, you need to add the following ingredients:
- lemon balm – 1 teaspoon (dry grass);
- mint – 1 teaspoon (glass);
- cinnamon – 1 stick;
- allspice – 2 peas;
- cardamom – 4 grains;
- orange peel – 0.5 tsp (dried).
Pour peel, lemon balm into the container. Then add cinnamon, cardamom, peppercorns. Pour boiling water over everything, close the lid for 5 minutes. Release the frozen mint cube, close the lid. It remains closed for 3 minutes until the coins are brewed.
Tea is drunk hot and cold, it does not lose its taste. Honey can be added to such a composition, as it goes well with all ingredients. You can drink it during the day up to three times.
How to brew lemon balm with citrus
The benefits of tea include a mild soothing effect, a refreshing taste and a divine aroma. Drinking it is nice and healthy all day. Prepare a drink from the following ingredients: lemon balm (dry or fresh), boiling water, lemon, honey. To recipe:
- Wash Melissa.
- Boiling water.
- Cut the lemon into slices.
- Pour boiling water over the chopped mint leaves together with the lemon and let stand for 3-5 minutes under the lid.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of honey.
Drink tea during the day up to 3 times hot or cold. The drink quenches your thirst in the heat, relieves tension before going to bed.
A healthy drink with lemon balm and berries
A wonderful tonic drink made from lemon balm and raspberries prepared with green tea. They drink it in the morning and before bed. Combining, two unsurpassed aromas make the drink luxurious. You need to prepare the necessary ingredients (1 mass of lemon balm, 1 lemon, 200 fresh raspberries, a glass of sugar, water (12 glasses), 5 bags of green tea). To recipe:
- Boil water (1 glass), pour sugar into it (1 glass).
- When the syrup has boiled, dip the lemon balm leaves and fresh raspberries in it.
- The composition should be boiled on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Then the solution must be cooled.
- After preparing tea for 10 glasses of water, you need to combine it with raspberries and lemon balm syrup.
- Then add lemon juice.
Tea can be served hot or cold with ice. Drinks are also prepared from mountain ash, viburnum, black currants, rosehips. This compound is useful for arthritis, rheumatism and gout. Contraindication – an allergic reaction to the berries contained in the drink.
Medicinal herbal lemon balm
There are many recipes for brewing tea with honey. Any spices are added to it. In most cases, this is mint. This tandem gives a colossal freshness effect to the drink. But there are other fantastic lemongrass recipes with different herbs:
- ivan te;
- black currant leaves;
- rose hip.
To brew linden tea with lemon balm, use the following recipe:
- Add 30 grams of dry linden and lemon balm to the tea leaf.
- You have to insist for half an hour.
- Pour tea, add honey.
- A handful of fresh ginger adds a special flavor to the drink.
Drink a tonic drink 3 times a day. The drink maintains an excellent mood, gives strength and energy.
Melissa and Valerian for soothing
Lemon balm and valerian are considered an excellent combination of soothing tea. The ancient scientists Pliny the Elder and Dioscorides spoke of their properties as means that can “create peace and strengthen the brain.” These two herbs together can work miracles. Combined in a tea drink, they provide peace and grace, as they have powerful calming properties.
It helps fight insomnia, nervous load, stress
Making a drink is not difficult:
- Finely chopped lemon balm and valerian leaves (can be dried) pour with boiling water (1 glass).
- The composition is infused for 5 minutes.
- The droplets that collect on the lid are shaken off in a container: this is an essential oil that has an antispasmodic and soothing effect.
2-3 cups of tea will easily eliminate disorders of the digestive system, obtained against a stressful background (relieve cramps, feeling of heaviness in the abdomen, bloating, relieving pain).
Vitamin green tea with lemon balm, chamomile, lingonberry and honey
Vitamin tea is rich in various properties. One of them is a unique tea, whose ingredients quench your thirst, relieve swelling, help manage heart disease, lower blood pressure, insomnia, gastrointestinal problems. An excellent combination of the properties of lemon balm, chamomile, lingonberry and honey gives the finest aroma, good taste, tones and saturated substances with vitamins and trace elements, fills with strength and energy. Making tea is very simple:
- Dry leaves of lemon balm, chamomile and lingonberry (in equal proportions) are placed in a container.
- Pour them with 1 liter of boiling water.
- Insist under the lid.
- Add honey to taste.
It turns out that 4-5 servings of tea drink are consumed hot and cold. Tea helps well with chronic fatigue, anemia, strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
Refreshing drink with lemon balm, mint, lime and ice
During the summer heat, a refreshing herbal drink perfectly quenches your thirst. It is good for those who do not consume caffeine and traditional green and black tea infusions. It will not be difficult to fix it:
- It is necessary to boil water (2 cups), add mint and lemon balm (1 tbsp. L.).
- Then brew the composition for 5 minutes.
- After cooling the drink, filter it through a sieve.
- Add boiled chilled water (2 glasses) to it.
- Placed in the refrigerator.
Refreshing tea with lemon and ice is then served. It is full during the day in all seasons. It is especially good on the summer heat.
Herbal drinks with lemon balm have a wide range of properties. There are a large number of all kinds of recipes for lemon balm tea with citrus fruits, herbs, spices, berries. Favorable combinations of their properties can keep the human body in harmony for a long time. It is no coincidence that centenarians based on lemon balm are tonic and refreshing drinks that enable them to keep their body in good health for a long time.