Fragrant herb – oregano grows in forest clearings, on mountain slopes, in the field. It is used in cooking to prepare savory dishes. Oregano is used to make medicinal tea. The drink contains inflorescences, leaves and delicate dried stems. The medicinal plant is actively used in medicine. Oregano has another name – mother, which speaks of her femininity. The culinary experts know the herb with the name oregano.
The benefits and harms of oregano tea for the body
Before you start drinking tea, you need to be sure that it will benefit, not harm your body. Oregano acts as a sedative and antiseptic. Herbal infusion is recommended for colds, lung infections, as an antipyretic. Oregano is recommended to be used regularly for certain diseases.
- Remove edema and achieve an expectorant effect for colds, lower the temperature. Oregano helps relieve sore throats.
- The mother is good for women during menopause. She improves the hormones.
- Contributes to the normalization of the gastrointestinal tract, relieves bloating, spasms, heals wounds.
- Oregano acts as an anti-inflammatory violation of the function of the urinary tract.
- Constantly drinking tea helps manage stress and depression, relieves stress and fights insomnia.
Doctors recommend drinking oregano decoction for epilepsy and paralysis to prevent cold sores.
Women who are breastfeeding need to include tea from their motherboard in their diet to increase the amount of milk. For men with excessive arousal, oregano helps to calm down.
The herb is used in cosmetology. If you add a decoction to the bath, the skin is cleansed of rashes. Washing the head with a solution of oregano strengthens the bulbs, which gives the curls shine and elasticity. It also relieves headaches and fatigue.
Contraindications for women and men
Every miraculous herb has contraindications. Oregano should not be drunk during pregnancy, unlike raspberries or smoking tea, as it causes the uterus to contract and can cause miscarriage. The mother’s mothers are forbidden to men in large numbers. It is not recommended to drink it for sufferers:
- cardiovascular disease;
- high acidity
- renal and hepatic colic;
Before taking the broth, you should consult a phytotherapist. Oregano can not be drunk with personal intolerance to it.
Rules for collecting herbs for tea
Herbal hikes give many positive emotions. Nice scent, fresh air and walks are good for your health. You should go for oregano in the morning, when the dew has melted, but the sun has not yet risen high. In the evening, the plant is less powerful as it prepares for the night.
Do not collect herbs near roads and industrial plants, landfills and sewers. Plants absorb harmful substances through the roots.
The collected branches are washed from dust, released from dry leaves, collected in bundles and dried under a canopy, where the sun’s direct rays do not fall.
Oregano tea recipe
When brewing, the motherboard can be combined with citrus fruits, berries, spices and herbs. The decoction recipe depends on the purpose of its use. Tea with oregano and honey relieves insomnia, with mint – will relieve headaches, with chamomile – soothe, with milk – it will be tastier. You can prepare a fragrant drink yourself by cooking all the ingredients.
Useful properties of tea with oregano and fruit
For a healthy vitamin drink, dry fruit slices are suitable. As they contain a lot of essential oils, you should use a teapot with a lid.
- Brewing utensils are covered with boiling water.
- 2 tablespoons of a mixture of dried fruit is poured into it.
- The contents are poured with boiling water in a volume of 200 ml and closed. Fold the kettle on top with a towel.
- After a few minutes, add 2 small spoons of oregano and brew for 5-7 minutes.
You can drink fruit tea at lunchtime and in the evening by putting a spoonful of honey in a cup. The drink refreshes and gives off a wonderful aroma.
How to brew traditional herbal tea
To feel the scent of the healing herb, you do not need to add other components to it. A glass of boiling water is poured into a teaspoon of dry grass.
The spice is infused in a closed kettle for 5-7 minutes. It is not necessary to keep it longer so as not to lose its aroma and useful properties.
A small spoonful of honey reveals the delicate taste of tea. This drink should be drunk in the evening because it calms and makes it easier to fall asleep easily. Classic oregano tea relieves insomnia and relieves fatigue.
During the cold season, people are prone to colds. Spices strengthen the immune system and help avoid disease.
- A porcelain jug is poured over with boiling water.
- Two tablespoons of oregano are poured into it and a cinnamon stick or cardamom is placed.
- The contents are poured with boiling water, covered with a lid and towel.
- After 5-7 minutes, the broth is ready.
It is poured into cups and consumed with sugar or honey. The drink has a rich spicy aroma. It warms up, helps with colds, relieves fatigue. Recommended for use in the evening.
Tea with oregano and citrus
A delicious drink with New Year’s aroma is obtained by adding citrus peel to herbal tea. It contains many essential oils and useful components.
- In a glass teapot toasted with boiling water, peel of an orange or lemon, place 2 tablespoons of dried oregano.
- The mixture is poured with boiling water, tightly closed with a lid and a towel.
It takes 7-10 minutes for citrus to give off the aroma, after which the drink can be poured into cups.
Tea with a high vitamin C content is good for colds. As it causes heavy sweating, it is not recommended to consume it in the morning.
Tea with berries
Oregano goes well with raspberries, cherries, viburnum, wild berries. If there is an opportunity to prepare products for tea on their own, no diseases in the winter are terrible.
- In a teapot pre-boiled with boiling water, place 2 tablespoons of dry berries and oregano.
- The mixture is poured with boiling water and tightly closed with a lid.
- Cover with a warm towel on top.
- After 5-7 minutes, the aromatic drink is ready.
It is recommended to drink fruits and berries with honey. This drink quenches thirst well. It can be consumed hot or chilled.
Herbal tea with oregano
The motherboard goes well with chamomile, St. John’s wort, linden flowers, mint, marshmallow root. A drink rich in vitamins helps to get rid of many diseases.
- Oregano and St. John’s wort are part of the breast collection and help get rid of colds.
- Mother with chamomile improves intestinal function, has a calming effect.
- Oregano and marshmallow root act as antipyretics. Lindenblom is also added to them.
- Oregano and mint relieve headaches.
You can brew the drink according to the traditional recipe. For 200 grams of boiling water, add two tablespoons of the herb mixture and close for 5 minutes. After brewing, the broth and water are poured into the cup in a ratio of 50 to 50.
Vitamin tea with oregano and rosehips, lingonberry leaves
In the spring, with vitamin deficiency, with reduced immunity, with frequent colds, it is recommended to drink tea with oregano, rosehip and lingonberry leaves.
- Put two tablespoons of the mixture in a scalded kettle.
- Pour 200 ml of boiling water.
- The lid closes for 7 minutes. You can wrap the top with a towel.
Rosehip vitamin drink is good for the liver. It can be drunk hot and chilled, at any time of the day.
The mother is considered a female herb, so it is often impossible to use it for men. Many people know that it can cure colds, relieve inflammation and strengthen immunity. It is recommended to drink oregano tea in the afternoon, in the late afternoon, when the broth calms and relaxes.